Tuesday , April 11th
Job Announcement: Denver Firefighters Museum
Title: Visitor Services Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director & Chief Curator
Status: Full - time: Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5:00, Occasional Saturdays & Evenings
Salary Range: $25,000 to $27,000 yearly
Summary: Responsible for the daily operations of the Museum's front desk and gift shop including greeting the public, answering phones, operating admissions and store registers and maintaining attractiveness of front desk and store area; stocking merchandise, dusting, and straightening. Provide administrative support for the Museum, including data entry and maintenance of membership, tour and birthday party databases, correspondence, filing and faxing, and website updating and email creation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Greet every customer with an excellent standard of customer care.
2. Procure and disseminate information about our programs in person and over the phone.
3. Update voice-mail menu for special events, holidays or closures.
4. Reply to general email inquiries as sent to the museums general email account and forward individuals to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
5. Operate admissions/store cash register, collect admission, membership, program and birthday party fees, process store transactions, process opening and closing paperwork.
6. Balance cash register daily with closing weekly and monthly.
7. Copy and maintain literature at front desk.
8. Schedule tours and birthday parties.
9. Assist in creating and mailing new membership packets, renewal notices and newsletters.
10. Maintain organized and attractive front desk.
11. Assist with inventory, ordering, receiving and merchandizing products for store.
12. Purchase and inventory of office and store supplies.
13. Provide basic security support through monitoring cameras.
14. Dust, vacuum and re-supply restrooms when necessary.
15. Train and supervise other front desk personnel, including Saturday staff on Visitor Services/Front Desk tasks and staffing museum rentals and Special Events.
16. Assist with Special and Fundraising events.
17. Assist the museum with website updates & adding new webpages using a Content Management System.
18. Assist the museum with email account creation, deletion and group maintenance using the Google Apps email system.
19. Rental scheduling coordinator and maintaining of rental brochure and information.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Previous cash handling, retail, customer service, and museum experience required.
Type 35 wpm and familiarity with computers, Word, Publisher and Excel and familiarity with Google Mail (Google Apps) email client.
Team player enthusiastic about history of firefighting, fire safety and prevention.
B.A. in Anthropology, History, Museum Studies or related field helpful.
Some experience working with children, volunteers & seniors desirable.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org No telephone calls please. Questions about position can be directed to email@example.com.
Next Museum Closure
In honor of Memorial Day
In observance of Indepedence Day
In honor of Labor Day